The Heart of the Matter by Julie Prentice



Easter is such a special time; that God could send His only son to die on a cross so that we could be set free from sin is hard to comprehend. The purpose of Jesus was to die for us. Because God loves us so much. 
 
‘Lord can you please explain our purpose? How you choose certain people to do certain things? Why are some of us called to serve tea while others are called to serve a nation? How does this work?’ I prayed.
Felt I should get my pen out at this point, a message was on its way.
‘Imagine a field of flowers. If I asked you to go and pick me a bunch of flowers from the field, which ones would you pick?’
 ‘I would pick the ones that look a lovely colour, look healthy, and obviously have a nice smell.’
‘Well, imagine these flowers as a person’s heart, then you would pick the healthiest heart, full of happiness love and kindness. But as you know, because of things that happen in life, people’s hearts do not always resemble this, a new born baby’s heart is this way. My desire is to make all hearts like this, make them pure.
So I look at each heart, I see things you cannot see. I see broken hearts and the more broken they are the more I want to heal them. So I call out to these hearts, tell them I want to mend them, make them mine.  I might do it through another person, through a vision or a dream, through a song or a sorrow or through a written word. I call to them all. Some say yes some no; they all have a choice.
When they say yes I set a desire in that heart. We start to work together, their heart and mine because my intention is to make their heart close to mine. Some hearts take a long time, some not so long, depends on the person. But those who give their whole heart to me, become mine. Those will do more than they can possibly believe or imagine. But some they hold back, they only give me a part of their heart so I cannot do a full work.
But be of good cheer, everybody is a work in progress, through little acts of kindness much can be achieved. But the greater the love that heart has for me the greater I will make thee.’
‘Wow,’ I thought, ‘how inspiring!’
How does your heart feel today?  Did you feel it swell?
Please will you pray?
‘Dear Lord Jesus, I desire you to do a full work in me. Help me not to stray and not to turn away.’
 
‘Then I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the Lord; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God, for they shall return to Me with their whole heart.’               JEREMIAH 24:7

Other inspirations can be read in ‘On Earth as it is in Heaven’ by Julie Prentice.  Available on Amazon or contact me for stockists.  
Follow us on twitter JulieJules07 on face book page Beauty & Belief
For more insights www.jewelsofheaven.blogspot.co.uk


Comments

  1. Really thoughtful and inspiring. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give me an undivided heart that I may fear Your Name

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great word in season!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment