Have Faith By Julie Prentice



What a busy time for the UK! All the election hype and who will be taking over at No. 10, added to that the arrival of a sweet baby girl for William and Kate has kept the media very busy. Yes all eyes are on our Nation this week. 

But how does God see it? As our Heavenly Father He has His eye on every single one of us, we are the apple of His eye, that He sees each individual need, however big or small is humbling. It reminded me of such a time in my own life. 

It had been a day of much celebration as Son had returned home from University. He was back in the family fold but as we unpacked his clothes we discovered other things were about to unfold. 

That saying, ‘life is like a box of chocolates you never know what you are going to unwrap,’ seemed quite apt as Hubby discovered when reading through Son’s graduation booklet that he had somehow forgotten to book himself into his graduation ceremony!
To say this caused a certain storm in our household would be a good description. We were all so looking forward to the celebration. But then as I turned and looked at my son’s face I felt my heart melt. He had made a mistake; we all make them from time to time don’t we?
Trying to put a brave face on it I felt there must be something we could do, but alas, when looking on the website it read ‘Office closed. No more bookings available,’ I thought I should probably accept what it said, even though it made my spirit sink. But I could not, maybe not here, but up there maybe something could still be done. 

I looked up, ‘Father, do something please.’ I prayed. 

Later sitting at my computer my eye kept wandering to the graduation booklet. It was as if it was trying to tell me something. Suddenly I leapt up and before I knew it I had the phone in my hand and was ringing the office number. It was as if someone had been behind me pushing me to do it!

If I had expected a frosty response then I was very much mistaken as within a matter of minutes they had the matter sorted. Apparently by some miracle not all the spaces had been taken-even though the website clearly stated that there were no more available. 

So here is the morale of my tale for today: - 

HAVE FAITH

Don't take everything in this world at face value.
In all that you endeavour to do make the effort to push through.
Somebody up there thinks everything of you and wants to help you too

As it is written, 'You may ask Me for anything in My name and I will do it.'  John 14;13


Yours Truly 
Julie 

P.S. Please pray for our Nation this week - That God’s Kingdom will come and His will be done.


Other inspirations can be read in 'On Earth as it is in Heaven' by Julie Prentice.
Follow us on twitter JulieJules07 on facebook page Beauty & Belief
Web www.jewelsofheaven.blogspot.co.uk







Comments

  1. Really inspirational.mthank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, your story melted my heart. Having been to two of my son's graduations I know how special these occasions can be. Certainly much better than just receiving your certificate through the post like me. So glad that you got it sorted out in the end and can look forward to it. I bet your son is too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely story Julie, thanks for sharing. Good to remember how much our heavenly Daddy loves us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A heart-warming true story and inspirational post to encourage us to remain steadfast, hopeful and expectant in prayer! I'm so pleased you will both be able to attend and fully enjoy your son's graduation ceremony. It's a special time. Thanks, Julie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your encouragement bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your encouragement bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous post :) And so true - I have witnessed something similar in the last few days. Thanks for this inspiring story Julie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment