Seasons Under Heaven By Julie Prentice



I so love it when I get answer to prayer. It was ten years ago when I told my children that Hubby and I had become Christians. I had felt apprehensive as it had happened so out of the blue, that I had felt I didn’t know what to do. My children knew only what they were taught at school, and let’s be honest, that covers religion more than Christianity.

Sitting at the dinner table I had said that we had invited Jesus to come into our hearts and take-up home with us. My son was 15 at the time and my daughter was 11, but to my amazement they just accepted it and said ok. 

I should not have been surprised because God was probably preparing their hearts just as He was preparing me to tell them. Feeling relieved that the ordeal was over I became very eager to get more involved in my Christian walk; and I soon found myself very busy as Hubby and I had just formed our company, and I had taken on a leadership role in a ladies ministry when suddenly I found it laid on my heart to write a book.

To say I felt overwhelmed was an understatement. I needed wisdom, it was important to make the right choices.  We all have God given dreams but as the quote goes: ‘end up following somebody else’s dream can soon become your nightmare’. 

As I closed my eyes in prayer I had a vision of a shopping trip, but I was on foot; the task being, whatever I brought I had to carry home and it was quite a trek. I would not be able to carry too much. Too many bags would slow me down, and because of the distance I would probably drop or even break something. I could even end up falling and hurting myself.

 So how much should one carry? 

Thinking of these bags as missions, if you have a big mission then you will obviously have one big bag, but if it is more than one you should be able to balance them in both hands. Ideally have a bag in each hand of equal balance, but it could be you have a bigger bag in one hand and two small ones in the other. But every bag you will have to carry. So the key is balance, try to keep the bags light, don’t carry too much or it will become painful. 

Sometimes we have to face facts, admit we are one person, we cannot do everything. We all have our own bag (as I like to put it) so pray first, choose wisely. Don’t spread yourself too thin. It’s more about quality than quantity. 

As it is written ‘To everything there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under heaven……….So I saw that there is nothing better than that a man should rejoice in his own works, for that is his portion’       Ecclesiastes 3


Other inspirations can be read in ‘On Earth as it is in Heaven’ by Julie Prentice.  Available on Amazon. 
 Follow us on twitter JulieJules07 on face book page Beauty & Belief



Comments

  1. A useful reminder Julie, thanks. And I love the image of a ministry being like a shopping bag you have to carry. Hmm....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment