A Case of Cancer vs.Christ.....Part 1 - Ruth Johnson



“…with the heart man believeth unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.  Romans 10:10




In writing of God's invisible gifts, I ended last month with the above scripture. In 2008 the words of Ps.27 so reflected my heart I daily confessed them over my life. I'd no idea then, that this would prepare me for what was to come.

On 31st August 2010 a lump found to be benign three years earlier showed up on a mammogram, was tested again, and to my surprise found positive.  The surgeon suggested a mastectomy. At my refusal he rescinded to just removing the small lump I could see and feel! I didn't want to rush into anything, and talked to people I knew who’d been through this.  One told me of pills that shrunk her lump before surgery.  I asked the Lord to guide me, believed He’d a strategy, and felt incredibly peaceful.  

Next morning these verses in Ps.27 stood out!. "When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, My adversaries and my enemies, they stumbled and fell." AMP.   Weeks earlier I’d borrowed a NKJV Bible I opened it and before me was a chain reference box headed ‘Divine Healing’.  Amazed at God’s provision I started in Genesis and spoke every relevant scripture over my body.  My peace turned to expectation.

On Friday in the midst of my time with the Lord He interrupted saying, “I want you to take pills.”  I replied, “Not something a surgeon would recommend. And, as I shan’t see him until the pre-op appointment you’ll have to organize it."  That afternoon the Clinic nurse rang to book the operation. I mentioned taking pills her response was skeptical.  Later an answerphone message said that the surgeon wanted to see me on Tuesday morning at 10.10.    

In the middle of the night I awoke to“10.10” in my mind. I thought, my appointment time, the Lord said, “No! John 10:10”  My reponse: Ah! the devil comes to maim, steal and destroy, but I came to bring life…' Right, I resist his wiles, he will stumble and fall, and believe you will release healing into my body.”

Before leaving on Tuesday, our daughter who’d been abroad rang. I was about to tell her my news when she pre-empted me. “I know, you’ve got breast cancer.” I asked “How?” Her reply, “The Lord told me three months ago" and went on to remind me of a conversation where I'd commented that no-one in our family was going to get cancer.”  Wow! If God had gone to the trouble of telling my daughter, then He was definitely on my case.  

Half an hour later, the surgeon’s opening words were, “I hear you don’t want an operation, you'd prefer tablets.”  I nodded, “Well, if the tests reveal you are hormone sensitive, I think that’s a good idea.”  I bit back the 'hallelujah', and declared, “Oh I’m very highly hormone sensitive” and it turned out I was!

More next month….

Comments

  1. Wow, that is quite a testimony. Thank you for sharing. I am looking forward to reading more next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your honest and inspirational post. I don't have cancer but this was something I needed to hear today

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like it's going to go on to reveal even more of God's amazing faithfulness and provision. What a faith-builder!Thank you. Looking forward to reading the next installment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for being so open, Ruth. I can't wait to hear what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love to hear stories of people claiming and pursuing healing and guidance through illness. Thank you. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing story, Ruth. My sister was diagnosed with cancer of the womb last October. She was told the diagnosis was very bad but we prayed and prayed. She had a full hysterectomy and fully expected further treatment. However, in the December she was pronounced 'all clear'. She returns again in April and we are still praying for the same diagnosis. She is not a Christian but when I told her lots of people had been praying for her, her response was - 'I don't deserve it' - Well, who of us does?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a testimony! Great news - God is good. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment